Friday, January 13, 2012

Paper



Forever, they've been here
These strange rectangles, sponges that float
On the sea's abundance
Only it's a desk, sucking up the floors spillage
Filling the space with their scrawled hope
What else could I do except write on them
Thousands of hearts, that implode with
Free wishes, glistening black feathers
That parade around these long white halls

They are funny pink mats, that twist to
Silver, molten metal that have been everywhere
So, they crack and release steam
Thin air---
Barely trembling, getting away from me
A road, a long silk ribbon, flowers

That delight as they crumple
These stupid moons, that run me amuck, they
Love like fish lips, turn fancy, fluttering blue tails
Kisses, safe

Behind globes of flat glass, sharp corners
That go crazy, they'll be the death of you, under

A live licking match, tiny shrunken bellies
On long twitching stalks



7 comments:

  1. Paper …. What a glorious subject! …Presenter, preserver of image and word … bringer of news, recorder of thought … paper paper everywhere ….. I have so much of it around the house. Very invoking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks

    actually what happened is I'm trying to use less of it, this was the first one written electronically from start to finish... I was tring to write something else, but paper and switching over was all I could think about so I said FINE:::: think about it then

    ~~partial success haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I carry a small notebook and pen to write thoughts when they occur for if I do not I will lose them and they will be gone. Post writing is all upon the PC for I need to cut paste edit so much. And so they both complement the other although perhaps the next generation may not agree?

    ReplyDelete
  4. we'll always have a need for it, at least I will... I always have a notebook too, for thoughts or hiding under the world when I have too

    its all good...
    this was supposed to be as silly as it is

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is not silly, Ash!
    It's a very pretty way to speak of the beautiful miraculous mess that paper creates, but as I said to you elsewhere, we can crate messes electronically, too. My husband shudders every time he looks at my computer's desktop. Haha. It is littered with jpgs & documents & folders... virtual though they are & within all my Blogspot blogs, iPad notes & iPhone notes are drafts holding snippets of thoughts as well as full poems & essays that are still incubating... Haha At least I can sot of find them, before iPhone & iPad, I would have to go running into shops begging to borrow paper & pen, so that I could write my sudden inspirations. I still have notebooks full of words scribbled hastily, some of which I can't even read because the scrawl is so illegible. Haha xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~hahaha~ Yes! I understand...

    so its after christmas too and have these bits of wrapping paper that I saved , you know throwing it out is such a waist, it probably will end up paper flowers

    and I have this idea for a story, I really don't want to write it all out on paper freehand... so its kind of living in my head, walking around up there

    ReplyDelete