Thursday, January 5, 2012

No Rain

After everyone died, she was left alone
Among the living, an upside down amputee
With roots burning on a self in a square of
Whitewashed sun
Drying out to powder, in a sea of animals
Past button holes and bullet wounds
Zombie beads of chlorophyll sliding down
A jeweled leaf


In the haze, she could hear 
The watering can ignore her - as electronic
Ink dotted her stem down, in
A shadowed landslide of bee’s bee’s
Rattling metal against metal, then brought
In from the snow

2 comments:

  1. Oh woof! Beautifully intense! Sounds like a bad acid trip, though. Haha :)
    I am loving the graffiti in your background, too!

    Omg, Ash, I am doing a full mind/body detox.
    I am eschewing all alcohol & surprisingly enough, I find that rather easy.
    The hard part is staying offline!
    I am an internet addict, but I'm working on it... I'm working on it... :D
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...you've admitted it...
    all the luck in the world to you CC, I know it can be a serious problem, people have starved to death, who have never come offline,heck... I've flung my body across the room to shield my laptop from people in life that its angered ~haha!
    For the rest I drink cranberry juice

    ReplyDelete